jenryland

jenryland

Personal Effects - E.M. Kokie Matt has a lot to deal with. His father drinks too much, his mother walked out, and now his brother has been killed in combat. He does have a friend -- a girl named Shauna who he's been close to since childhood. After he gets kicked out of school for a fight that wrecked a glass trophy case, he's able to secretly go through his brother's belongings. At first, he just wants some happy memories of his brother and a sense of closure. But when he opens the trunks, he finds out that his brother has been keeping a big secret from him. To unravel the secret, he'll have to use the money he's saved to pay for the wrecked glass case.I don't want to say too much more, because part of my enjoyment of this book was watching Matt go through the trunks and try to figure things out. Matt's relationship with Shauna had just the right awkward friends-who-maybe-could-be-more kind of feel. Seeing how T.J.'s death affected so many others was very moving. I definitely recommend this book!Check out full review and find other great books to read and win on my blog!