jenryland

jenryland

If I Lie - Corrine Jackson Sophie "Quinn" Quinn's mother ran off with her brother-in-law, so Quinn is used to her family being the target of nasty gossip. But when Quinn's caught kissing another guy while her boyfriend Carey is stationed overseas, she's relentlessly tormented by the kids at school, who seemed to be just waiting for a chance to tear her down. The fact that she's agreed to be a photographer for the yearbook just puts her more into situations where she can be bullied. As she anxiously waits for news about Carey, who is missing in action, she spends time at the VA hospital, visiting a wounded veteran who was a war photographer in Vietnam.Quinn is such a strong character and there's just so much layered into this story: bullying, friendship, family, tolerance, and having the strength of character to stand up for what you believe in. I thought this book would be all about a love triangle, but If I Lie is so much more than that. All the relationships in this story seemed completely realistic, but my favorite by far was the bond between Quinn and George, the former war photographer. If I Lie is a complex and emotional read that I highly recommend to fans of contemporary YA! Read the full review on my blog and find other great YA to read and win!