jenryland

jenryland

Time Between Us - Tamara Ireland Stone I always think that time travel books are going to make my head explode. I'm using so much brainpower to try to make sense of all the stuff that's going on, I can't really relax and lose myself in the story.Thankfully, Time Between Us tries to make the time travel rules as simple as possible. Bennett has a special time travel ability that runs in his family. He is only able to travel within his lifetime. He has a personal policy not to change the course of events too drastically. (Except one time when Anna begs him to help her undo something that happened, and he agrees.) The thing I didn't quite understand is how Anna is able to travel to other places in time and space with him, sort of like using a portkey in Harry Potter. But I'm willing to go along with it.One of the things I like about time travel in books is that it creates a ton of romantic possibilities. In 2012, Anna is a 31 year-old cougar and Bennett is a teenager. If he travels to 1995, he can make them the same age. I liked Anna -- a sheltered bookstore employee who longs to see the world. Bennett is harder to get a read on, since he keeps disappearing and reappearing. Most of the book was set in the 1990s -- a time that I feel deeply nostalgic for -- and I wished that the book would have given me more of a sense of that era.But all in all, I did enjoy Time Between Us and loved the way the author was able to resolve the ending. If you're a fan of time travel books, definitely check this one out. Read complete review on my blog and find more books to read and win!