jenryland

jenryland

Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake I love these characters. I know that some ADIB reviewers found Cas overly cocky, but I thought that was part of his special charm. I mean, you can't be a timid ghost hunter. Thomas, Cas's telepath friend, is also a huge favorite of mine. Then there's Carmel, the queen bee with hidden depths. In book one, they meld into a solid team, in book two, they seem to fall apart a little, which made me chew my fingernails.I loved the fact that the plots of these books are surprisingly simple. Book one story goal: kill Anna. Book two: save Anna. Cool how those two goals are totally reversed, right?Scariness level: perfection! These books are dark and do contain some bloody, horrific stuff at times, but that never felt gratuitous to me, just deliciously creepy.I was thrilled that some of the action in Girl of Nightmares moves to London. My absolute favorite parts were the scene at the Tower of London and Cas's descent into the underworld. I really love a good underworld scene!For me, the saddest part of Girl of Nightmares was the moment when I realized I'd come to the end. Not just the end of the book, but the end of Cas and Anna's story. While I loved the ending, I could have used one more book - and I hardly ever say stuff like that!