jenryland

jenryland

Survive - Alex Morel This book was an emotional roller coaster that I wasn't sure I wanted to get on, then didn't want to get off. Survive had some definite parallels to This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Both books take a character who thinks she has lost her desire to live, then plunge her into tragedy. At the outset, Jane is a snarkier, edgier character than Sloane. After the crash, she's still cracking me up, still using her razor-edged humor to keep Paul at a distance. But slowly, the two of them bond and begin to work together to move to a location where they might be able to be spotted by rescuers. Paul has sorrows of his own, and getting to know him helps Jane move out of her therapy-induced narcissism.My biggest complaint about this book was that there were parts of it I wanted to read more slowly, but I couldn't do it. This is the kind of book that won't leave your hands until you turn the last page. I definitely recommend Survive to fans of edge-of-your-seat reads, snarky narrators, and heart pounding suspense. What a ride!