jenryland

jenryland

Ten Tiny Breaths  - K.A. Tucker, Elizabeth Louise Audiobook review. Thanks so much to Simon Audio for providing me a copy of this book for review!Since this is a review of an audiobook, I should preface my review by saying that I thought the audio aspect of this book was great. The narrator, Elizabeth Louise, did a fantastic job reading the story and all the different characters, male and female, old and young. I really felt that she was a perfect choice to read Kacey's story.The story itself just wasn't for me. Though there were times when I found aspects of it moving, the pace was super-slow and the characters never really came alive for me.I also had seriously mixed feelings about the romance. HUGE SPOILER UNDER HERE -- DON'T PEEK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK. I know that many NA books are big on the whole "I Fell in Love with My _____" -- just fill in the blank with the most completely inappropriate person you can imagine -- and I was ready for that. Plus, as a kid, I used to watch cheesy 80s soap operas in which girls fell in love with the Last Guy They Should Ever Fall In Love With. Don't even get me started on Jennifer and Jack from DOOL or Laura and Luke from GH. So in theory I could accept the whole "OMG I Fell In Love With The Guy Who Handed the Car Keys To The Drunk Driver Who Killed My Parents, My Boyfriend and My Best Friend" The fact that Trent follows her around from city to city didn't even bother me. I completely understand that he was terrified to reveal his real identity. But the fact that he sleeps with her without telling her who he is? It was hard for me to get past the fact that he did that. It felt like a huge violation of trust.