jenryland

jenryland

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Seventeen year-old Cas has to step into his father's shoes as a ghost killer after his dad's untimely death. Cas and his mom arrive in Thunder Bay, Ontario, so he can take on a new challenge: killing Anna, the ghost of a girl who died in the 1950s under mysterious circumstances. Cas soon realizes that Anna is no shrinking violet of a ghost. Violent and vengeful, she stalks around her Victorian mansion in a bloody dress, trying to kill anyone who crosses her threshold. Strangely, she spares Cas. As Cas gets to know her, he begins to realize that maybe the two of them might be able to help each other move beyond their past traumas.I'm embarrassed to admit this book is a little scarier than the things I normally read. But I really enjoyed it. A guy protagonist is always a refreshing change. The setting was atmospheric. The characters were well-drawn. If you're a huge scaredy-cat, this book might not be for you. But if you enjoy an edgier (and edge-of-your-seat) read, be sure to pick this book up!Random thing about the book that obsessed me: the text was printed in dark red ink. Or maybe dark reddish brown. The color of ... blood? I don't know, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.