jenryland

jenryland

Jessica Darling's It List: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Popularity, Prettiness & Perfection - Megan McCafferty This summer I did a re-read of all the Jessica Darling books, so this was a perfect time for Jessica darling's It List to come into my life.I loved it now, and this is a book that I also would have adored as a tween. Jessica's starting seventh grade, which has to be the most brutal year of a girl's life. Some girls are developing, and others not. Some girls are getting interested in boys, and others are not. Girls reinvent themselves, friendships shift, hearts are broken.Jessica, being Jessica, wants a foolproof plan to guarantee that seventh grade goes perfectly, that she's as popular and adored as her big sister Bethany. So Bethany gives Jessica a Top Secret list of tips. But Jessica being Jessica, nothing goes as promised. When Bethany's list says "wear something different every day," Jessica interprets that as wearing something eccentric. Then there's Marcus Flutie. I must be honest: my re-read has slightly cooled me on MF, but I absolutely adored reading about the circumstances of their first meeting.If you're a JD fan, you must read this book. And if you're the mom or aunt or older sister of a tween who hasn't yet discovered Jessica, you must give her this book. It was charming, hilarious, and a whole lot of fun.