jenryland

jenryland

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi My thoughts: Whew. So many thoughts about Unravel Me, and I will attempt to express them with no spoilers.WarnerHe's that bad boy that women think they can redeem, the guy who's bad for a reason. I'm definitely buying that he has a softer side, and I'm on his team for sure (because I'm usually Team Underdog) but I wish he'd stop calling Juliette "love" because it creeps me out just a little bit.AdamPoor Adam. He suffers a lot in this book, meaning that he also catches Juliette's case of the mopes, and I hope he gets his mojo back, or I'll have to switch to his team. (Team Underdog, remember?)JulietteBeing in her head -- as she is the narrator of these books -- gets a little claustrophobic at times. She's extremely self-critical. She seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown much of the time. She's intensely interested in the minutiae of her own thoughts to the point that she ignores everything and everyone around her. Her power can save the world, but it's all she can do just to keep herself from losing it. She can be ... exhausting. I say she just has to pick a guy who can handle all that cray.KenjiMy love for him grows with ever page of every book. He says what I am thinking as I read, things like:"You only function on two settings: you're either moping or you're making out with Adam." He's the much-needed comic relief in this book. I loved him in Shatter Me. In Unravel Me, my love for him turned to extreme worship.The Big Bad of Love TrianglesWhoa. In Unravel Me, Taherah Mafi sets up the most wrenching love triangle I have read since I cried through an entire box of tissues when stupid Amy ended up with Laurie in Little Women. (I'm still in denial about that one.) Without giving too much away, let's just say there is a revelation in the book that sets this particular love triangle into This Is Not Going to End Well territory.Read full review on my blog, YA Romantics!