jenryland

jenryland

Pivot Point

Pivot Point - Pivot Point is an intriguing and well-crafted story that's half paranormal romance, half science fiction/parallel universe story. Addie lives in a community of people with paranormal abilities, and her ability allows her to explore the outcome of different choices. If you've studied quantum mechanics or seen the movie Sliding Doors, or the TV series Sliders, you'll understand what I mean.When Addie's parents split up, they ask her to decide if she wants to remain in the Compound with her mom or head into the real world with her dad. So she decides to mentally flash forward six weeks and see what would happen in each scenario.Pivot Point was a fun and moving read that definitely had a few surprises up its sleeve. Watching Addie choose her path was tough. But ... did that means that the other path she didn't choose never really happened? I'm a little iffy on this quantum mechanics stuff. I'll have to wait for book two in this series to see how it all pans out. I'd definitely recommend Pivot Point to fans of paranormal romance and those who love science fiction. Read the full review on my blog, YA Romantics!