jenryland

jenryland

Just Like Fate

Just Like Fate - Cat Patrick, Suzanne Young Caroline moved in with her grandmother after her parents' divorce. After her grandmother suffers a stroke and is recovering in the hospital, Caroline's best friend Simone tries to convince her to come out to a party. Caroline and her older sister are like oil and water and they quarrel. That's when the universe splits: in one universe Caroline stays at the hospital and in the other she goes to the party.What did I like about Just Like Fate? Three of the main characters. At first I thought Simone was going to be the generic YA Wild Child BFF, but she and Caroline had a wonderful (and hilarious) relationship that completely delighted me. I also really liked one of the guys and intensely disliked the other. Not telling you which!Then we come to the ending. So you have two parallel universes going -- do you resolve that, and if so, how? Just Like Fate took a fairly evasive tack, but I was okay with that. There was resolution, and that's all I ask!I'd definitely recommend Just Like Fate to those who are intrigued by the whole parallel universe things but don't want to be overwhelmed with science.The full review will be posted on my blog, YA Romantics,during the week of August 19, with an ARC giveaway!